27 October 2009
Hanging on the far wall of Room Nine in the Beta Sigma Beta fraternity house is a mini shrine to the 2009 New York Jets, and in turn, an inadvertent shrine to Mark Sanchez. (I clip out the back cover of an NY newspaper after every Jet win, and if they weren't on back cover, well, then I use a big ass photo from an article).
As I admired my collection this afternoon, I realized something strange about the photos hanging from my wall.
The Jets have worn a different uniform for each of their victories. Green jersey-white pants vs. Houston, white jersey-white pants vs. New England, blue jersey-gold pants vs. Tennessee, and white jersey-gold pants vs. Oakland.
So that got me thinking. The Jets will have to win a minimum of 16 games to win the AFC East and the Super Bowl (12 reg. + 4 post.) Can they come up with an additional 12 uniforms for the rest of the season?
1. Green jersey-green pants. Introduced in 2002 verse the Vikings.
2. White jersey-green pants. The Jets tried it Monday night in Miami. Try again.
3. (Kelly green helmet w/ "Jets" across) Green jersey-white pants. Think Neil O'Donnell.
4. (Kelly Green helmet w/ "Jets" across) White jersey-green pants. Think Boomer Esiason.
5. (Kelly green helmet w/ "Jets" across) White jersey-white pants. Think Adrian Murrell.
6. (Forest green helmet w/ "Jets" across) Green jersey-white pants. Think Richard Todd.
7. (Forest green helmet w/ "Jets" across) White jersey-white pants. Think Mark Gastineau.
8. 1963. Jet-on-the-helmet logo. White jersey-white pants. Think Dick Wood
9. 1963. Jet-on-the-helmet logo. Green jersey-white pants. Dick Wood...Hahahaha!
10. 1964. White Jets logo. Green jersey-white pants. Think Curley Johnson
11. 1964. White Jets logo. White jersey-white pants. Curley Johnson...Hahahaha!
Wait. Uh-oh. That's only eleven jerseys! We're one short! Noooooooooooo!